This new musical, created by LCG Productions, LLC and CPA Theatricals, Inc. has been created to be suitable for performance by middle and high school students.
Other age groups will also find the material appropriate, but we are proud of creating a musical for – and about – girls becoming women!
The show is designed for four major characters, several supporting characters and an ensemble. The whole class can be on the stage!
Limited set requirements make for easy production.
Costumes are fun and readily available.
Performance Rights are handled exclusively by Broadway Licensing, email@example.com, (212) 540-9330, BroadwayLicensing.com.
10 Reasons Your Theatre Should Produce GIRLHOOD – THE MUSICAL
- Strong three-dimensional roles for young women.
- Characters the same age as the actors.
- Roles for all character types: every audience member finds a “kindred spirit.”
- Fast-paced, filled with humor and delight
- Designed as a song cycle, with less spoken dialogue.
- Contemporary and memorable music.
- A thrillingly varied score, with songs by some of the best of today’s theatre composers.
- Real-world teen-aged issues, respectful of community standards.
- Ninety minutes, with or without an intermission.
- With mostly female characters it is easy to cast!